Sunday, September 9, 2012

About Me

I've been a paper crafter for at least 15 years, dabbling in scrapbooking but truly loving cardmaking! I started out as a scrapbooker, then moved on to cardmaking when someone showed me the beauty of using rubber stamps to make greeting cards. Been an addict ever since!! My true crafting "babies" are my AccuCut dies, of which I now own hundreds. No, you don't want to know how much money I've spent on them. Kind of embarrassing. Which is one of the reasons it's time to start sharing my dies with the world, and seeing if I can get them all paid for (insert sheepish grin)! I attend a monthly scrapbooking crop hosted by my wonderful friend, Laurie, and I bring a selection of dies and 2 AccuCut Grandmarke machines to every crop. Always a big hit! Nearly every time I get asked when I'm going to open a scrapbook store, but mostly I've decided to stay at home with my last small children for a few more years until they start school.

At this point, Becky's Craftroom is a one-woman show. I'm starting out slowly, seeing how my dies do as I list all the shapes I can cut, and sell the paper either here on my blog or in my eBay store, http://stores.ebay.com/Beckys-Craftroom. I've been on eBay since April 16, 1999, and I've been actively selling various things, mostly Pazzles Inspiration products and crafting adhesives, since 2008. I currently have 100% feedback rating and just reached a feedback number over 3000+!! Fast shipping and great service are the hallmarks of my eBay business and I hope to bring the same thing to my Custom Die Cutting service.

My artistic motto - "Let the paper speak!" While I love embellishments, particularly ribbon, I don't like them to overwhelm the design. I see many designs that look like an embellishment and ink box exploded all over them and the beautiful paper gets lost. I don't mind empty spaces if they are filled with beautiful or interesting paper. In fact, I get annoyed when too much of the paper gets covered up. There are so many wonderful colors and patterns out there, so LET THE PAPER SPEAK!

Need to contact me? Write to me here:

No comments: